Saturday 23 February 2013

A long post from me ....

...Do you remember these collage pieces from ages ago?





More themes like this in the pipeline.

I had access to the remote control recently even without training!!! I discovered BBC 4 has some really interesting programmes.  I watched the Sherpas guiding climbers up Everest and another about the north face of the ...... (sorry - I, Suzanne cannot read Carol's handwriting - whoops, she is going to shout at me).  I regularly tackle the "north face" of the ironing pile.

Danny Baker has just presented a programme about the era of the pop album which was a trip down memory lane for me.  Do you remember buying your 45's in Woolworths?  My friend Helen bought me my first album - "Mike Oldfield's - Tubular Bells" and I still love it today.  Can you remember yours?

I remember sitting on a Sunday night listening to the Top 20 or David Hamilton in the afternoons.  I had my cassette recorder and I would be hovering over play and record trying not to get the voice over.

Album covers were works of art.  It just doesn't seem the same nowadays.  Here's me sounding like an old fogey!!!  (I, Suzanne am not saying a word!!!).  What about Elton John's Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy.  Rik Wakeman's The Myths and Legends of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table.  Brain Salad Surgery by Emerson, Lake and Palmer...the list goes on....

What are your memories?

There was so much information on album covers that we used to devour.  Do you remember Smash Hits or Fab 208?  Did you read Jackie? Watch Blue Peter or Magpie?  What about Andi Peters in the broom cupboard and Noel Edmonds "Multi Coloured Swap Shop"?

Can you relate certain songs to specific times in your life?  Can you remember the emotions you were going through at that time?  I was a teenager in the 1970's and I love the music from that decade and also the 80's. It was so diverse.

Let's get back to Crafting.  Two lovely cards by Anne of the Thursday group.



Sharnie, also of the Thursday group decorated this initial C for me.  I love it!



Sharnie also did this VW camper.  She spends ages colouring in with the most amazing detail using COPIC markers.  She then covers elements using Glossy Accents which makes the images pop.

Thanks for bearing with me if you made it to the end.
CAROL:)



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments .... please carry on!