Sunday 4 September 2011

Marianne D "Babooshka" Doll by Anne Bennett

Hello, today I am showing you some cards from Anne Bennett using the Marianne Creatables "Babooshka Doll" die - I think she has showed just how versatile they can be.  In Anne's own words this is what she did:-

Card 1 Four Primary colour Russian Dolls
I used the die and four colours of card in blue, orange, yellow and lime green to produce four dolls. Using the cut out pieces I filled in each die cut doll with contrasting colours to produce four multi coloured but toning dolls. The faces were deliberately not embossed on these dolls. I decided to use the four dolls together for maximum impact on this sample using a white 6” square card blank.
Card 2 Christmas card
Using foiled/mirri card I die cut several dolls and embossed the faces. Selecting a gold die cut I used pieces from a red foil die cut doll to fill in the headscarf and bow. I mounted the partly filled in die cut onto purple card and cut out. I made 1 red and 1 lilac Christmas tree using  an embossing board, added a contrasting star to each and attached to a 6”square card blank. Using 3D foam pads I attached the doll to the card and a greeting.
Card 3 Aperture card with 3 dolls
I die cut 3 dolls using red, orange and yellow card. Taking a 6” square cream card blank I cut an aperture in the front. I embossed the faces and linked the dolls together gluing lightly where they overlapped and attached across the aperture. The card was lined inside with paper from a Crafty Individuals pad in toning colours. The effect created is like of a piece of lace.
Card 4 Thank You card
I die cut a doll in white pearlescent card and marked in the facial features using a gold gel pen. I mounted the die cut onto Crafty Individuals paper and cut it out adding a jewel to the flower and bow centres. Cover a 6” square card blank with paper of choice, I used a My Mind’s Eye paper. I cut 2 circles from card and mounted the smaller purple one offset onto the green one. Using 3D foam the doll was attached to the purple circle together with a die cut “Thanks” and embellishments. A card ribbon border was attached to one side to finish.
I hope I have managed to show the versatility of the Russian Doll die in these samples and certainly enjoyed making them up.  ANNE BENNETT

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments .... please carry on!